Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Drawing Practice


     Hi! So far so good with my commitment to practice in the new year! (It's only been a week, Tracy. Don't get too excited.) Among my other projects, I try to set aside an hour or so of practice as a jump start to my day. I'm currently using three books.

This one I borrowed from the library:


An oldie but a goodie. Thank you Mr. Loomis. (And thank you, Misty, for recommending him.) The only thing out of style is the hair-dos.


This one is from my own bookshelf:


This is where I'm getting the faces I'm practicing but as I draw I'm applying the things I'm reviewing in Mr. Loomis's book regarding the understructure.


At the same time I'm working on the realistic, I'm coming at another angle with this, also from my own bookshelf:


An example of my practice: 


And below is an example of what I mean by trying to not just draw but to learn from what I draw.
I drew the first two in a realistic manner. Each of the images takes me probably 10 to 15 minutes.


Then, after playing with some sketches from the cartoon book, I turned around and did this in just a few minutes:


Learning.



No comments:

Post a Comment