Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Getting Ready for the Big Apple!


      Just three weeks to go, and I'll be leaving for New York City! I've wanted to attend the SCBWI (Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators) National Conference for years. In April I made up my mind, so with the help of weekly goal setting and daily to-do lists, I'm making it happen!
     My postcards (shown above) are printed. The dummy book for my manuscript The First Pearl has been updated. My portfolio is very nearly complete, down to choosing the last pieces to include. I'll be updating my website within the next couple of weeks to share my choices.
     I'm currently working on a brochure that highlights three of my manuscripts, and hoping to slip it into the hands of any interested agents, editors, and publishers. Cross your fingers for me! I plan to share the brochure with you next Wednesday.
   
     I'm still doing my sketch practice on a somewhat daily basis. Here's a couple of my recent favorites:



See you next Wednesday!


   

No comments:

Post a Comment