Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Marbles, Marbles Everywhere


Marbles #12 (for lack of a better title) 12"x16" oil on Gesso Board

     Okay, I've now had my fill of marbles for a while. I am sure, however, that I will return to them again and again in the future.
     I've been drawing and painting marbles for years. Since so many of them were done before I had my blog, I'll go ahead and share some of them with you now.

Below is the first - done in colored pencil (approx. 8" x 10") 1994.

Then came this one - a friend loaned me a mason jar of marbles that her husband had collected. 
It is also colored pencil. My kids were very young and colored pencils are a no mess medium.
The quality of this reproduction is a little crummy. The original was not so bluish.
(This one is probably my favorite.) 

Next, I went big - 30" x 40" oil painting 1998. I used the same marbles but scattered them on my driveway. To get them completely round I traced around the lid from a tub of margarine. 
(An artist does what an artist has to do.)



18x24 oil 2010 This is from a photo I took outdoors with the marbles sitting on a mirror. 
 I turned the bottom marble into our beautiful, big, blue marble - Earth.

This is a colored pencil piece that did show up on my blog back in 2015. http://tracyonoz.blogspot.com/2015/07/candied-marbles.html

And if you have yet to have your fill of my marble paintings, you can check out my post from a couple of weeks ago where you'll find one more! HERE






   

No comments:

Post a Comment