Monday, July 1, 2024

Wineglass Study

         


8" x 10" study in oils

Hi! I shared the photo for this in my last post. As I was painting this small piece, I was thinking about how to do it bigger and better. I like the simplicity of the color palette but next time I'm going to add a small hors d'oeuvre plate, or grapes? I'll experiment more with the compostition.

Here was the first step in the process of this 8x10. This is in acrylic. I like to get the composition down in one day if I can. 

This next one is after working over the acrylics in oils for a couple sessions.



I'm happy to be painting again! Gotta keep my creative muscles strong!

"Don't wait for inspiration. It comes while working." - Henri Matisse


Thanks so much for stopping by! Cheers!






No comments:

Post a Comment