Friday, July 19, 2024

Negroni


 Negroni - 12"x12" oil on canvas

This one has been hanging around my studio since I started it last September. I was doing a nice amount of painting last year and then life got a bit wonky. Good wonky, but I got distracted, busy, and stopped spending time there for a while.

Here's the first couple of steps from '23:



Both of these steps are in acrylics, just to lay out the composition. I didn't take it much further than this before I lost interest in it. I'm glad, though, that I didn't completely give up on it.

Starting back with the oil paints in June:


Once I added the Florence Duomo in the background, I got more excited about it. (The Negroni is said to have originated in Florence). The detail on the bottles was a challenge. You just have to have patience to copy labels like that. I also elongated the rocks glass in the foreground. 

Shout out to my son, Dylan, the bartender. He introduced me to the Negroni and it's one of my favorite cocktails!

Thanks for stopping by!





No comments:

Post a Comment