Monday, May 2, 2022

The Importance of the Bookcover


New cover




Old cover

Hi! I have been working on self publishing my book, Willow House! I actually finished writing it in the summer of 2019, but it has remained in the dark confines of a 3-ring binder. 

I later found a quote that I cut out and placed on the exterior of that 3-ring binder. It says, 

"you have not come this far, just to come this far." 

So, little by little I'm moving forward. I'm working through Bookbaby at present, trying to do as much as I can myself, however, I'm not great at navigating my way through websites, templates, uploads, etc. so I may just end up (if I can) sending them everything I have and saying, "please make this into a book."

Since starting with the publishing process, I've reworked my front cover, making it a little snazzier. I hope you think so too! I've gone through the editing process on the manuscript itself a few more times, and I'm currently working on the back cover and spine. I never gave a thought to the back cover and spine! Especially the spine! I work at a library part-time so

shame on me! 

When perusing books on the shelf, it is the spine that must shine!!! I have to kick some ass on the spine!

I will share my progress with you as I get things done, and if you stay tuned, I will share some excerpts from the book itself. Thanks for stopping by.


No comments:

Post a Comment