Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Granddaughters


I've finally been painting again! I started this one, last summer, before my desire to create nearly disappeared. I didn't take any progress photos until I got back to it a month or so ago. By the time I took this first photo (below), the acrylic underpainting was almost done. 


The next photo is the last of the acrylic underpainting, before I switched to oils. I switch to oils because they are my comfort zone. I have more experience getting them to do what I want. 


The image below is after working in oils for 2 sessions. Getting started on the hair was fun. When I first painted it, it was way too light, but it's easy enough to come back in and glaze more color over the top.


After the session in oils I had below, I was almost done, down to the tiny details. The one big change I made on the final day, was brightening up the light area of grass in the background. You can see in the top image that the final piece has a little more pop. 


By the way, the girls were a hot mess after their serene looking beauty shop session, with nail polish up their arms, legs, and on their clothes! They also polished the legs of a babydoll, who has mysteriously disappeared.



No comments:

Post a Comment