Monday, December 31, 2018

Happy New Year 2019! and Portrait of Sadhguru


The first sketch in my 2019 sketchbook - Sadhguru.
and a quote from him - 
"You're just an imitation of what is around you, it's just that you don't imitate one person; 
you take bits and pieces of a hundred people and make yourself."

    New Year's Eve/Day is one of my favorite times of year. I read the goals I set for myself the previous December 31st. What I planned and what I actually accomplished are often miles apart but that's not important. Each year begins with potential and each year I realize a significant amount of that. My path may have zig-zagged but I'm still in a place with new memories, lessons learned, and hope for all the glorious potential of the coming year. 

    I haven't posted for quite a while because I spent November writing instead of drawing. Then, the holidays were upon me, along with some extra hours at work and the simple desire to bake cookies and shop. 

     What follows is a small smorgasbord of a few of the creative things I've been up to.

Here's how the mask turned out. 
I couldn't post it before because it became a Christmas gift for my son.
To see how the mask started check out my previous blog "Sometimes I Just Get Lost"



Then there was this portrait - also a Christmas gift I couldn't share before.
I did it digitally then dropped a filter over it to make it look more like comic book art.



Next is a little gift I made for my girlfriends - tiny books, quilled snowflakes and handmade boxes.



I also tried my hand at a gingerbread house. 
The gingerbread part was not quite hard enough but it was delicious anyway.
My daughter helped me with the decorations.


On a more personal note, I took my family to Winterfest at King's Island on, 
unfortunately, the coldest night in human history on planet earth 
(I may be exaggerating a little). We still had a wonderful time.



And here are my kids with their cousins on Christmas Eve in one of those cool re-visit photos:


I wish you all a Happy New Year and wish you the best in realizing its potential!












   

No comments:

Post a Comment