Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Feliz Día de los Muertos


     Have you seen the movie "Coco"? I had never paid much attention to the holiday "el día de los muertos" prior to seeing it. I thought it was simply a Mexican angle on Halloween with prettier skulls. But, it's so much more wonderful than that. El Día de los Muertos is not scary, it's beautiful. It's a day (or rather a couple of days - Oct. 31 to Nov. 2) to honor, remember and celebrate the lives of friends and family members who have died. The characters in the movie invite the spirits of their loved ones into their homes for a yearly visit and they prepare by setting out photos and the favorite foods of those loved ones. The movie is not only touching but visually spectacular! Click the link below for a peek.



On Monday morning I took a long look at a Halloween decoration I've had for over 20 years:


By early afternoon it was all gussied up and happily celebrating a new holiday, honoring the people in my life who came before, and those I've loved and lost.





No comments:

Post a Comment