Tuesday, June 19, 2018

My Teacups Runneth Over

9x12 oil on clayboard

We are cups, constantly and quietly being filled.
The trick is knowing how to tip ourselves over 
and let the beautiful stuff out.
                         - Ray Bradbury

I thought this would make a lovely theme for the launch of my new website!!!  tracyonoz.com

I've spent the last few years working on children's stories and illustrations and have learned so much. I don't intend to give that up, but I'm switching gears back to painting for a while because I have a store to maintain! (Yay!!!) and I want to keep a fresh supply of items coming in. The teacups above will show up there sometime soon - both the original and prints.

I found the teacups at Marshalls a couple of years ago and they reminded me of  "The Night Circus" (the most beautiful book I've ever read). I've been wanting to put them in a painting ever since and the idea for this painting came to me when I paired them with the wonderful quote above.

Below are a couple photos I took while I worked on the underpainting. The underpainting is done in acrylics because they dry fast and I'm able to get the whole painting laid out in one sitting.



Thanks so much for stopping by and don't forget to check out my website: tracyonoz.com and . . . buy stuff!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment