Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Flower Shop in the Rain


17"x11" acrylic and oil on illustration board (rain added digitally)

This is an idea that I've wanted to work on for a long time. Four and a half years ago I was riding along in the backseat of a car, in Florence, Italy, and passed a beautiful little flower shop all lit up, sitting by itself in a dark park on a rainy night. Really. The vision was stunning but I was unable to stop to take a photo so the image has just sat in my mind, waiting. Below is the digital sketch I did on my iPad a couple of weeks ago when I was under the weather and all I could do was sit on the couch. 
I think I'm missing the reflections from that digital sketch - they were pretty cool.



 Below was the first step - an acrylic base coat.








No comments:

Post a Comment