Sunday, February 9, 2014

Small painting - Italy


     Here's a 5" x 7" oil painting on clayboard that I finished last week. My studio (where I work on oils) is in the basement of our house and it has been too cold to work down there for the last several days. I have several other mini paintings in the works and I just started a 16 x 20 oil painting that I'm anxious to get back to.
     I'm also getting excited about writing again.  This last week I finished a manuscript for a children's book idea and I also did a rough 32 page storyboard.  I'm going to put it aside for a while and come back to it in a few months with fresh eyes and do some editing and work on some more finished looking illustrations.
     I've been reading children's chapter books and young adult novels lately trying to get myself back into the right mind frame.  Plus, they are just a lot of fun. I'm remembering why I liked to read so much all my life.  Some good ones I've recently read: The Boy on the Porch by Sharon Creech,  Same Sun Here by Silas House and Neela Vaswani,  The Mouse with the Question Mark Tail by Richard Peck, and The Truth of Me by Patricia MacLachlan.  Why oh why have I wasted so much time on paperbook romances when there are so many good STORIES in the world?!? (I'm not knocking paperback romance authors and feel I must apologize here - I have enjoyed hundreds over the years and am quite sure I will read hundreds more before I die).
     Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment