Thursday, April 18, 2024

Tilly - Child Portrait in Oils



Here is Tilly! One of my beautiful grandchildren. I took the photo last April when we visited my son and his family in Tennessee. He's quite the model and had no problem striking the poses. I had a lot of shots to choose from. Haha!


Here's the first progress photo I took. This is acrylic.



Here I started with the oil paints. I was saving his face to the end. This is only a 16 x 20 so his face was going to very small to work on, and I was going to need a lot of patience!



More oil paint application, and trying to get the colors right.



Starting to tackle the face.



Getting the proportions right. At this point I'm nearly done. 
I just had details to work out (for example, finish his hand holding the bar).



As always, thank you so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment