Wednesday, April 18, 2018

A few more Brynhilds and a few Serenitys


I'm getting a little more consistency with Serenity's mom, and I've begun to sketch Serenity again. She is not as stylized as I would like, so my goal next week is to work on that. I would have gotten further this week but once again my basement studio has puddles of rainwater. (When will this end?!?!?!?!) Before the floods came I was able to spend a day with my acrylics. Below is a close-up of one of many Serenity faces.

I just love the energy of the paint! I really think I'm onto something with these acrylics! Who knew?!

The bottom image is a few different tries over the last few years of the idea I have for the cover image, including the acrylic on the right, my current work in progress. I still have to decide what I want her frog to look like and ya know what? He doesn't have a name yet. Like Brynhild, his name will probably not be used in the book but it would be nice to be better acquainted. I'm open to suggestions.



No comments:

Post a Comment