Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Happy Valentine's Day

Dear Valentine's Day,
     Why are you my favorite?
     Is it the chocolate? The glittery hearts? The sparkling sugar cookies? The little stuffed animals with hearts for eyes? The potential to receive a dozen red roses from a secret admirer? (My husband is not allowed to send me a dozen roses because I will complain that it is a waste of money), (it's not easy being my husband)).
     Valentine's Day, you are like snow to me. Not only am I no longer a child, but my children are no longer childs, (that was on purpose) and I still get excited when school is cancelled for the day! I just can't get past that youthful glee!
     I remember the afternoon Valentine's parties in elementary school; cookies and punch and my valentine's box, covered with pink gingham and plush red velvet hearts on top (thanks, Mom!) I remember how cool it was to get cards from ALL my classmates and some of them were super nifty and came with a Hershey's kiss or a red lollipop attached.
     And thankfully, Valentine's Day falls in a month where there is a potential for . . . SNOW. Can you just imagine how I feel on a SNOWY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!??? Doesn't look like it's going to happen this year, but I'm always hopeful.
     Valentine's Day, you are awesome.

Love,
Tracy

p.s. Happy Valentine's Day everyone!
 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment