Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Eleanora and Tommy


     From the same chapter book manuscript I've started, here are two more of the main characters. This is what my portfolio needs more of and what I am concentrating on learning how to do well - pose the same characters in different positions while maintaining consistency in their appearance.
     When I was working on character development for Eleanora (Ella) I pretended to be interviewing her and asked her what her best memory was. This may or may not make it to the pages of the manuscript.

    "My best memory was the day my parents brought Tommy home from the hospital. He was so tiny. His fingers and toes were like miniatures. Hard-to-believe-they-were-even-real miniatures. And the smell! . . . No! Not a bad smell. It was a baby smell - like baby lotion, and baby shampoo, and baby chicks, and baby bunnies, and the ocean, and cut grass, and cotton candy, and every good smell that was ever smelled. That was what Tommy smelled like.
    Well, occasionally a bad smell. But mostly good ones."


No comments:

Post a Comment