Saturday, October 1, 2016

InkTober Kick-off


     Woohoo! October is finally here! My favorite month! And for the first time I am prepared to participate in InkTober! InkTober was started in 2009 by Jake Parker (who is also one of the awesome instructors at SVS Learn). For a little info about the InkTober Initiative here's the link: http://mrjakeparker.com/inktober
     The theme I've chosen to work with is pretty general - CHILDREN. I figure, if I want to be a children's book illustrator I should be able to just about draw them with my eyes closed. Because I need all the practice I can get I am simultaneously working on another project, also put out there by Mr. Jake Parker, Design 100 Somethings. After coming up with 100 drawings of children with various expressions, actions, clothing, and hairstyles I should be an expert. At least, that's the plan!
     I'm not going to promise myself a drawing a day, although I am going to try. My goal is to post a nice ink drawing twice a week, on Saturdays, and Wednesdays, throughout the month. If I do more, I will sneak them into my twice weekly posts. #inktober #inktober2016


No comments:

Post a Comment