Friday, August 12, 2016

Serenity character study



     Lately I've been working on character design.  This is Serenity, one of my own story characters. I'm trying to figure out EXACTLY what she looks like and then draw her over, and over, and over, in different poses with different emotions, all the while maintaining consistency. 
   This is a digital drawing and looks a lot like the type of work that you can find in my sketchbook. Often, when I take those sketches and try to clean them up, refine lines, and add color, (either traditionally or digitally) they end up being very stiff. I'm trying to figure out how to keep the energy that my sketchbook has in it, and I think I've done a decent job this time. 
     Below is one of my earlier attempts at her with pen and ink and then a version of the sketch above with color added.



No comments:

Post a Comment