Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Illustration Friday - TREASURE


One man's trash . . . 

     I did this one in several steps.  I started with a very rough pencil sketch in my sketchbook (brainstorming phase). Once I had a pretty good idea of what I wanted to do, I sketched it digitally so that I could get a good plan for my color and value. Here's that one:


My original plan was to use this as something to copy from and I wanted to have a very nice finished watercolor. Here's my watercolor:


I just didn't have enough patience for the painting and I was fighting against the paper - I wasn't using the best kind for my painting style. I'm also a bit spoiled with being able to fix any mistakes in the computer, so I dropped it back into the digital world for reworking.  There are some areas of the digital sketch that I like more, but all in all I'm happiest with my finished piece.





1 comment:

  1. Ha ha, what great dumpster divers! And I mean that in the best possible way. :o)
    (I thought "trash" for IF's topic this week, too!)

    ReplyDelete