Wednesday, January 28, 2015

TEMPTATION OF CLAIRE


     This one has taken quite a while to finish. I tend to paint for a while then take several days or a couple of weeks off and come back to it. It sat lonely and half done through the entire holiday season. I started it back in November. It's 2 feet by 3 feet - much larger than my more recent 2 inch by 3 inch paintings.  It's rather shocking to my senses to see it on my easel.
     I had planned to paint from life but had to rely heavily on a photo I took because the lighting was just too dark to paint in. The most difficult part was taking a photo of the finished piece.  No matter where I put the painting there was a glare on it.  I ended up having to remove the glare with my digital software.  Time to invest in some nice photo equipment.


This is what it looked like after the first day I worked on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment