Sunday, October 5, 2014

Illustration Friday - SILENCE


SILENCE

This is not me.  My children are grown, and to be honest this was never me - laundry folded, dishes done, dinner simmering on the stove. This is the me I imagined when I was seventeen and still thumbing through bridal magazines choosing gowns and envisioning my 4 carat emerald cut diamond engagement ring.  I didn't even have a boyfriend. 
Maybe this would have been me if I had taken the time to meditate. LOL.  Maybe this would have been me if my children had taken the time to meditate.

2 comments:

  1. This is so rich in detail. I love the story you are telling here, even if it is an ideal on! :) When my kids where that age, if my eyes were closed, I would have been horizontal and drooling! No meditating for me either. But it is wonderful how you have created an atmosphere and an environment for your characters. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I know that if I could do it all over again (the child raising) I would still never achieve this moment. haha

      Delete