Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Illustration Friday - RED


Due to computer issues and a busy schedule, it's been a few weeks since I've participated in Illustration Friday and I've missed it. The first thing I did, when I saw the topic, was sit down and brainstorm on all of the red things that I could think of.  Red is a very provocative color. It conjures some frightening images and some very lusty ones. There's also happy red images - cherries, watermelon, Valentine's hearts and Rudolph's nose. I chose to stick to the happy side of red (mostly since my interest lies in illustrating for children) and two of the first images I listed were the red tricycle and red velvet. Here they are - together.  

2 comments:

  1. Love your technique and illustration. DId you use photoshop for this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used Corel Painter Essentials 4. I have Photoshop and Illustrator but I'm so intimidated and have yet to learn to use them. Painter Essentials is very user friendly. Thanks for the comment!

      Delete