Sunday, November 17, 2013

Flori Isabella


     On October 18, I posted an acrylic study of a flower shop.  Here is the finished product. It's a 12 x 16 oil on clayboard and I've been working on it here and there for the last four weeks.  I haven't done an oil like this for quite a while and, I have to say, I'm pretty happy with it.  I haven't posted for a couple of weeks mostly because I've been busy with this painting and several others that I'll be happy to share soon.
     I attempted to participate in Illustration Friday last week. The word was ENERGY and I worked up an idea of kids playing in leaves.  I spent about six hours on it.  My sketch had energy.  My first version in Corel Paint still had energy. But, as I tried to fine tune the details of the drawing I zapped all of the energy out of it and ended up trashing it.  Oh well. As I've said before, art (like life) is a journey and I learn something new every day.  I don't beat myself up too badly when I have a bad week.
Thanks for stopping by.  I hope to finish another painting this week, and I'd also like to work on the new IF word for the week - TAIL.

1 comment:

  1. This is quite beautiful!

    Thanks for the visit and comment :)

    ReplyDelete