Friday, September 8, 2023

Birdbath - Number 5 of 5


Day 7 of oil painting - Birdbath 8 x 10

Here is the last session of the painting! Is it my favorite painting I've ever done? No. But it was fun. My favorite part was that splash of water!
Each session was about an hour, and sharing with you kept me motivated to finish. It is always a good exercise for me to work more from my imagination as I am always so dependent on photos. I used to strive for photo-realism in my work, and to an extent I still do. But, if I can bring a little more color, a little more atmosphere, a little more fun with the paint application (like use of the palette knife), I am happier with my work.
At least I have an image to share with my husband next spring, in case he wants to surprise me again.


This last image is because I can't help myself.  I dropped it into Procreate on my iPad to get a little more of that sparkle! I just punched up the darks and lights for more contrast.

Thanks for stopping by!






No comments:

Post a Comment