Monday, September 4, 2023

Birdbath - Number 4 of ?

 

Day 5 of oil painting

Today I worked mostly on the foreground. I began painting the grass, I filled in more of the flowers, and look! - the happy tree leaves are showing up on the right hand side. 


Day 6 of oil painting

Once again, I was thinking about the painting in the evening, and a basic rule that I wasn't implementing came to me - atmosphere. In the top image the background grass in the upper right was just as bright as the grass in the foreground. Today, I worked on pushing it back by applying a thin film of light blue-gray. That will also, ultimately, help to pop out and bring forward the happy Japanese Maple Tree branches on the right.

Next time I work on this piece, I'm hoping to finish. I'll add more leaves and detail to the branches on the right, and yes. . . add the splashes of water!  

No comments:

Post a Comment