Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Angel Water


Here's a recent drawing a did of my cat Josie, having her morning Angel Water. This small statue sits out on my patio, and I have always filled her basin as I water the flowers - a kind of offering to the flower fairies. Don't laugh. You just never know.

I think Josie accepted this as her "princess" bowl of water that gets filled every morning in the spring and summer. Flower fairies aside, I now fill it every morning for Josie.
 
Here are a couple steps along the way.



I did her whiskers by drawing them (pressing in) with one of my inkless pens before applying the colored pencil. The colored pencil won't go down into the furrows created unless you press really hard. Just be delicate about it, and you can create fine hairs, whiskers, grasses, etc - all those tiny lines that are difficult to draw in later.

Below is my inkless pen collection. You can have your own by buying Bic pens 
and using them up until the ink is gone! Haha! 
Someday I hope to come up with a brilliant idea on how they can be used in an art piece,


Thanks for stopping by.







No comments:

Post a Comment