Friday, June 16, 2023

My Bedroom Wall. Yes, Still a Teenager at Heart.


I am approaching my 10 year anniversary with my blog and have been busy with so many things: preparing for a big family staycation in July, a project painting ceramic fish, and pieces for my yearly calendar. (Sorry, but it'll take the fun out of the calendar to share those things ahead of time. I do promise to post later.)

I just wanted to share another little piece of myself, my bedroom wall, with some of my favorite works, and invite anyone reading to stop by on the 23rd of June as I celebrate . . . me! 

That big swirly painting in the center was a piece I did in oils, just for play. Within its swirls are words of inspiration I paraphrased from Martha Graham. I doubt you can read from the photo so I'll share here with you.

There is a vitality, a life force, a quickening

That is translated through you into action

If you block it, it will never exist through any other medium,

and will be lost into eternity.

Believe in yourself.

Believe in the possibilty.

Take a step into the unknown.

Only you can do it.

If not now . . . when?


Her version is a bit longer. Click here to read it in its entirety.


Here are the fishes by the way.  A fun commission I just finished up.

Before


After

Thank you for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment