Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Happy Birthday, Tonnya!


Today is my sister's birthday, and here she is! Happy Birthday, Tonnya! She's somewhere a bit upward of 39, but who's counting?

The photo I worked from was taken by my niece, Tara. Last August she hosted a dinner party at my mom's house for me and my daughter Louisa, her mom, and her grandma. It was an absolutely lovely evening, thanking us for supporting her and the handbag she designed that had just been released. She is so incredibly talented. (Click here to see it and check out her website). She brought all the food and tableware, and took photos of all of us.

We felt so pampered!

The table setting!



The food! Delicious, and with the exception of the chicken breasts, 
most of it was vegan for Aunt Tracy.



We didn't get photos of the desserts. 
Trust me, we had dessert. Just forgot to get the photo.
We all share genes and the same humungous sweet-tooth).

The girls!




Here are some steps in the art process:
I did this piece in Procreate on my iPad. I began by working over the top of the actual photo, outlining the important areas. I had a vision of what I wanted it to look like and didn't want to spend all my time getting proportions right by freehanding. 


Then, the fun part of dropping in the color and doing the "painting".





And then . . . Tada! 
The wine is poured and we have the finished piece at the top of this page.
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment