Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Spring Cleaning . . . My Brain


 

Don't you just love how you feel when you've given your home, your space, or maybe just your junk drawer a good cleaning?

I've recently dusted ceiling fan blades, and tops of doorjambs. I've washed windows, hosed off screens, scrubbed the tub, and laundered winter blankets.

Now I can open my windows, and let the fresh air swoop in, bringing with it fresh dust and debris from the great outdoors! It's a never ending cycle, right?

Same with my brain.

On April 7, I started the Oprah/Chopra 21 day meditation challenge. Meditation is a wonderful way to start (or end, or pause in the middle of) the day, scrub out the old stuff and let the fresh air in. It takes practice. In fact that's all it is. A practice. Like cleaning your house, your brain is only going to fill back up with debris, but we can learn to acknowledge it, let it go, and move on. Move into and along with the present moment. 

As always, I'm looking for the artist within myself. What direction do I want my artwork to take? I think a lot of people, myself included, struggled with this last year. My blog has a whopping 6 posts in all of 2020, compared to 20 posts in 2019 and 45 in 2018! Time to get myself going again! Time to get myself unstuck.

Hope to see you back here next Wednesday! Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment