Wednesday, April 7, 2021

A Belated Happy Valentine's Day


 

Tux’s Valentine's Day  poem


Icing smudges his hat.

Batter drips down his nose.

He is covered in flour,

From his head to his toes.


There are so many treats,

Yet the baker’s not done.

The shelves runneth over,

But he’s having fun!


He’s made cupcakes, and candies,

And cookies galore,

All decked out in sprinkles,

And sugared decor.


There are cherries on tops,

Chocolate curls piled high.

He’s made so many cakes!

There are pies to the sky!


Have a look. Take your pick.

Choose your favorite design

That asks the big question,

“Will you be mine?”



     This is the post I promised last week. The artwork was done in time for Valentine's Day but the poem was written a few weeks later. I almost saved this until next February but I just need to feel like I'm catching up on things. The model for the adorable baker is my grandson! 

No comments:

Post a Comment