Friday, October 11, 2024

My new studio!!!!!!!!




I am beyond grateful. At last I am out of my basement and its occasional puddles of water, the fear of mold, and the lack of natural light or fresh air to boost the spirits. 

On June 18th, I attended a council meeting to apply for a variance
to be able to put the studio up in my back yard. 
On June 21st the gravel pad was laid. 
That's my husband enjoying a beer there after all the hard work that someone else did. 



On July 11th Waymire Utility Barns put the structure up in half a day!



Here's a photo of the interior.


My husband and grandson did most of the work from here out. 
They painted the exterior on July 20th. (photo at top of page)
On August 4th a friend of ours began helping with the electricity.



Once wires were in place, they were able to put in insulation.



It was a tricky ceiling to finish. My husband is not a carpenter but he figured it out!
I am so proud of him and feel so blessed. He made it happen for me.



On September 11th the studio floor was laid. It is vinyl but looks like a beautiful wood floor!
This was professionally done by G & G Flooring. They took care to do all the necessary insulating, etc.



On September 30th they began painting!
Another reason for a beer!



On October 5th I moved my studio things in.



Throughout this last week I've brought out more and more each day, making it my home away from home.
 It's hard to get myself out of there when I have other responsibilities - like my job! Haha!
The last thing needed is a mini-split (heating/air conditioning unit) that should be installed in approximately a month. 



Such a huge difference in my mental state while I'm working!
I hope to be much more productive, so there should be many more posts coming up in 2025!

Thanks for stopping by!

p.s. Here's the first sketch I finished from my new place.

My grandson Novan. - graphite


























No comments:

Post a Comment