Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Personal Space - Meditation





I enjoy getting into a regular meditation practice. Just 15 to 20 minutes, to sit silently, and try to clear my head of the constant chatter, worries, and second guessing myself, that so many of us deal with.

Here's an idea of my thought process when I haven't been practicing meditation:

I am in a bubblebath, on the moon.
It is an old-fashioned clawfoot tub with bubbles.
The bubbles are . . . probably flying out of the tub because there's no gravity. Right?
Heck, the water is probably flying out of the tub!
And me!
Can people with telescopes see me up here?
Can they see me naked, and flying out of the tub?
It's probably freezing.
What was I thinking?
I have so much to get done today.
I'm a million miles from home and I'll probably burn up on re-entry to earth's atmosphere.
This was a terrible idea.

Here's my thought process with a regular meditation practice:

I am in a bubblebath on the moon.
The bubbles rise nearly to my chin. Their barely-there texture caresses my skin.
There is a muffled silence, like after a heavy snowfall, that is broken only by the sound of the tiny bubbles as they burst.
They smell faintly of strawberry.
I've left responsibilities a million miles away.
My soul is relaxed and at peace.
I am in a bubblebath, on the moon.

  To see the two older versions of this piece, click below:

 http://tracyonoz.blogspot.com/2015/11/if-whimsical.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment