Monday, January 4, 2016

Illustration Friday - MOON


     This is an 8 x 10 drawing with charcoal pencil and white pastel pencil on gray paper that came out of my brainstorming session. I haven't experienced a break-up for over 26 years, and don't plan on experiencing one ever again, but the romantic in me thought up this little drawing with hope that whatever happens in a person's life, the moon can make it right. (Don't fail to take note of the shadow).
     So I am off to a good start in 2016. I may not always do a polished piece for Illustration Friday but one of my goals this year is to bring an idea each week to at least this level. In 2012 I had a sketch-a-day notebook. I may have mentioned it before, it was a gift from my step-daughter Ashley and one of the best gifts I've ever received. Even if I didn't do a sketch each day, I managed to do a sketch for IF each week. That sketchbook is full of ideas that I still refer to. In fact another version of this image is in there for the word - LONELY. That one had a happy couple seated on a bench in the moonlight while the moon looks on crying for a different reason.
     If you stop back by this blog from time to time you may someday see a more polished version of this image. I tend to do that a lot. Redo, redo, redo. 


1 comment:

  1. I like the shadow. Hope goes a long way! Love your Christmas tree too. Wishing you the best in 2016!

    ReplyDelete