Saturday, June 14, 2014

Illustration Friday - RETRO


     A few weeks ago the Illustration Friday word of the week was RETRO.  I was too busy to put any time into it, but I sketched out a quick idea and this week I had the time to finish it. This is done with watercolor, acrylics, and colored pencil on Bristol paper with some digital enhancements.
     I love old-fashioned soda fountains!  Many years ago I was working in Winter Garden, Florida, in a beautiful little downtown Main Street area when, lo and behold, a soda fountain opened up across the street from my job.   The first time I walked in was like walking into the past.  There was even some golden oldies music playing on a radio, specifically "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance."  I would treat myself to a chocolate diet coke over there a few times a week after lunch and before long I had five cavities.  That pretty much ended my daily treat routine.  However, at the soda fountain pictured above, the sweets have no calories and they are actually dentist recommended. I think this might be what heaven is like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment